Why should you add a video to Amazon listing?
Did you know that visuals are processed by the brain 60,000 times faster than text? Human beings are visual species by nature. In fact, more than 80% of our experience of the world is perceived through our sense of sight.
For your customers, the process of shopping on Amazon is also a visual experience. As an Amazon seller, adding a video to your listing is no longer just an option but a necessity for success.
In this guide, I will show you the top ways you can add videos to your Amazon listing in 2019. We will also cover a hack for uploading a video to your Amazon listing WITHOUT Brand Registry or a Vendor Central account.
What We’ll Cover:
Why Videos on Amazon are critical to success
- Why Videos on Amazon are critical to success
- Where to upload Videos on Amazon listing
- Who Can Add Videos to Amazon listings?
- Add videos to Amazon listings with Vendor Central
- How to add videos with Brand Registry Enhanced Brand Content
- Adding Videos to Amazon listings with customer reviews
- Add videos without brand registry or Vendor Central
- Amazon listing video requirements
For your customers, Amazon is an easy place to compare options and get exactly what they need. This means customers are not on your listing to research products but rather to BUY the products.
The goal of your listing is to convert the customer to buying YOUR product over your competition. In 2019, there is no better conversion tool for online shopping than a video.
Amazon Prime members already convert 74% of the time on Amazon. This is 22 times more often than the top online retailers. Amazon is already a goldmine of customers eager to hand you their money, you just need to convert them once they land on your listing.
According to Viral Launch, after adding new videos to their Amazon listing, Pawstruck experienced:
- 53% increase in revenue
- 34% increase in conversion
- 32% more transactions
- 15% higher order values
By using this video below, the outdoor retailer Kelty was able to increase their conversions 147%.
Videos are an extremely powerful tool you can’t afford to overlook in any e-commerce business, especially on Amazon.
Now that you have an understanding of how important adding videos to Amazon listings can be, let’s examine exactly how to do just that.
Where to upload Videos on Amazon listing
There are two places eligible Amazon sellers can upload a video and optimize their Amazon product listing.
- Image block of your product listing
- Related video shorts section
Who Can Add Videos to Amazon listings?
There are currently three different methods for adding videos to your Amazon product listings. Each method has different Amazon listing video requirements which we will cover.
- Vendor Central Sellers with A+ details Page
- Brand Registered Seller through Enhanced Brand Content
- Amazon Customers with Video Reviews
Adding Videos With Vendor Central
The first method for adding videos to Amazon listing is through Amazon Vendor Central and A+ detail pages. However, this is the most difficult method because the only way to join Vendor Central is by an invitation from Amazon.
Unfortunately, unless you're doing more than $1 million in sales with amazing customer reviews, you most likely will not be a candidate for Vendor Central, yet.
Adding Videos With Brand Registry
The second way is through Amazon’s Brand Registry program. Professional sellers who get approved as brand owners can use Enhanced Brand Content to upload videos to Amazon product listings.
Along with Enhanced Brand Content and uploading videos to your Amazon listing, Brand Registry can help protect your brand on Amazon in the long term.
Learn How To Win The Buy Box: AMAZON BUY BOX: ULTIMATE SELLER'S GUIDE
Adding Videos With Customer Reviews
The third and most common way to upload videos on Amazon listings is through customer reviews. Getting video reviews from your customers can have a lasting positive effect on your listing and FBA business.
One way to get reviews is to send a customized email to your customers, asking for feedback potentially in the form of videos. Make sure you contact them shortly after they receive their order so the product is still fresh in their minds.
What is Amazon A+ details content?
A product details page online is the equivalent of shelf space in physical stores. A fully optimized Amazon enhanced content or A+ details page create a better digital shopping experience and more engagement.
Amazon A+ content allows you to optimize your listings. You can use multiple product images, bullets, headers, and videos to better convey the value of your products to the customers.
This, in turn, is proven to improve conversion rates and increase sales by up to 10% according to Amazon.
Here is an example of A+ content.
Amazon A+ modules can also be used to display a video as seen below.
What if I don’t have a Vendor Central account or brand registry?
By simply searching “add a video to Amazon listing” on Fiverr you can find multiple Amazon vendors offering this service.
How to add videos to Amazon listings with Vendor Central
To upload through Amazon Vendor Central, you first need to upload the video to a file transfer service such as Dropbox. Copy the video’s link your clipboard.
Login to Vendor Central and click “Contact Us” in the upper right-hand corner. Chose “Images and Videos” in the first dropdown and “Video upload issues” in the second dropdown. Click “Continue”.
- Change the case title to “Upload Video”
- In the “please describe issue” field: Paste in the link to the video from the file transfer service in step one.
- Paste in one ASIN per line underneath “Target ASINs”.
- Once you paste your ASINs, click “Submit” to submit the case.
Amazon will add the video to the product listing in 24-74 hours. Amazon support will NOT notify you once the video is uploaded to your listing. You’ll have to check the listing to see if it has been added every 24 hours or so.
Once added, the video will appear on your listing alongside the product images.
How to add videos with Brand Registry Enhanced Brand Content
In your Amazon Seller Central account, navigate to “Advertising” and click Enhanced Brand Content.
Enter your products SKU number and click “Get Started” to search for your product. Once the search is complete your product details will be displayed. Make sure the details are correct then click the “Add Video” button.
The final step is to upload your video, choose a thumbnail, and fill out your product title and description. Once your finished, click “Submit”.
Keep in mind, your product video could take up to 6 hours to process and publish to your detail page.
To remove a product video, navigate to video on your Enhanced Brand Content dashboard. Check the “delete video from detail page box. Submit your changes. Your video should be removed within 6 hours.
How to add videos to Amazon listings with customer reviews
It is a relatively easy process for your customers to leave a product review on your listing. The hard part is getting them to take action. Here are the steps for leaving Amazon video reviews.
- Navigate to the product detail page for the purchased item on Amazon.
- Click ‘Write a customer review’ in the customer review section
- Give the product star ratings
- Once you start writing the review in the text box, the option for adding video or photos will appear.
5. Once the video is uploaded, customers can simply click “Publish review” and the video will then be added to the “Related Video Shorts” section of the listing.
How to Add videos without brand registry or Vendor Central
There is only one way to add a video to your Amazon FBA product listing without having to register your brand or getting a trademark.
This process involves using Fiverr to find Amazon vendors offering this service.
Here is how:
1. Go to Fiverr.com and type in “add video to Amazon listing”
2. Look over your potential options and pick one
Keep in mind, the price for this service can range from $95+ to $25. The difference is due to the placement of the videos.
The higher price range is for videos posted on the image block of your listing under your product images. The less costly price is for videos posted on the related video short section of your product page.
So how does this service work?
On Amazon, sellers don’t own their listings, Amazon does. As a result, other sellers have the ability to post and list their products under your listing. This is essentially the loophole that allows you to upload videos to your Amazon listing without brand registry.
Amazon vendors who have the ability to upload videos offer this service to you for a fee on platforms such as Fiverr and Jungle Market. Because they have the ability to post on your listing, they will upload your video on your listing for you.
What they’ll need from you
- High-quality video: in one of the following formats: 3GP, AAC, AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, and MPEG-2.
- Thumbnail Image: with 16:9 aspect ratio and suggested dimensions of 1920 X 1080px. JPEG and PNG are both accepted formats.
- Video Title: with 100 characters max
- Synopsis brief overview of the video for Amazon customers.
- Video type: How to review, advertisement, comparison, unboxing, or interview
- Related ASINs: This can be a single ASIN or multiple ASINs the video relates to
Amazon Listing Video Requirements
Amazon product video guidelines can be very strict. Always avoid violating their content policy and consult professionals if need be.
Avoid violating any of these product listing guidelines:
- Mentioning a competitor’s product
- Using Price or Promotional information, including things like saying your prices are better
- Time-sensitive product information, like “on sale now”
- Providing shipping information, including free shipping
- Use of hyperbole, such as “#1 seller,” or “best-selling product”
- Using logos, brands or company names other than your own or the product you are showing
- Showing web address that leads visitors away from the Amazon platform
- Providing customer reviews, third-party quotes, or editorial content
- Talk about warranties or money-back guarantees
- Promoting yourself as an “authorized seller” or “authorized reseller”
- Providing contact information outside of the Amazon platform
Amazon Product Video Price
If you're looking to add professional Amazon product videos to your listing, here is a great option.
Virtuous Graphics offers three video packages for Amazon: basic, intermediate, and advanced.
Adding video to Amazon product page is a good way to address your customer's roadblocks and uncertainty, so you can effectively put them at ease and convert them into a sale.
With over 50% of online shoppers now starting their product searches on Amazon; Amazon has become to products, what Google is to information. This trend will only get bigger.
The Last Amazon Course has the most extensive Amazon FBA content on the market. There are over 30+ videos on just Amazon photo and video optimization tips and advanced strategies to help you out sale your competitors.
How to Add Video to Amazon Listing
- In your Amazon Seller Central account, navigate to “Advertising” and click Enhanced Brand Content.
- Enter your products SKU number and click “Get Started” to search for your product. Make sure the details are correct then click the “Add Video” button.
- The final step is to upload your video, choose a thumbnail, and fill out your product title and description. Once your finished, click “Submit”.
- To remove a product video, navigate to video on your Enhanced Brand Content dashboard. Check the “delete video from detail page box. Submit your changes. Your videos should be removed within 6 hours.
Below are the four possible methods for adding videos to Amazon product page in 2019:
- Vendor Central and A+ detail pages
- Brand Registry Enhanced Brand Content
- Customer Video Reviews
- Fiverr or Jungle Market
Adding a video to your Amazon listing is undoubtedly the right thing to do. However, you should be aware, adding high-quality videos to your listing is not cheap.
Depending on your product, between making, editing, and uploading your video could easily cost you thousands of dollars. Even up to $10k
Use Virtuous Graphics for professional and cost-effective Amazon product video creation. They will save you money and help optimize your Amazon listing.